Episcopal Church of the Incarnation, Highlands, North Carolina
The mission of the Incarnation in Highlands was organized on September 24, 1894 by the Right Reverend Joseph Blount Cheshire, Bishop of North Carolina. A small church costing $2032.81 was built by W.B. McGuire of the Franklin Furniture Company was completed in the summer of 1896. At the turn of the century the congregation was comprised of six families and only summer services were held. The church was changed from a mission to a parish in 1956. In July, 2002 the church was expanded to create a new sanctuary, library and great hall and the original church converted to a chapel.