Clubhouse, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, Georgia
The clubhouse at the Augusta National Golf Club was built in 1854 as a home for Dennis Redmond who owned an indigo plantation on the land. The land and home were acquired by Louis Berckmans, a Belgian horticulturist, who along with his son turned the property into a company called Fruitland Nurseries. In 1931 - one year after he won The Grand Slam - the legendary Bobby Jones purchased the property which became Augusta National Golf Club. The clubhouse has been expanded several times over the ensuing decades : the Trophy Room and a kitchen were added in 1946; a golf pro shop in 1953; the Grill Room in 1962; and the Champions Locker Room in 1978.